minimum quilting charge $45.
Custom minimum $65
Different levels of quilting have varying charges per square inch:
.020 sq" basic overall quilting, meanders, wavy lines
.023 sq” large swirls, light pantographs
.025 sq” medium dense overall free motion
.030 sq” dense overall free motion ,light custom
.035 and up Custom. Price would depend on the level of custom needed.
To figure price by size:
Length x Width = ? X price/sq inch = Price
Levels are determined by stitch design density and thread usage required.
Price includes labor, cost of thread, needles, and machine maintenance.
Quilt Preparation and additional charges:
Backing - Backing fabric must be 6-10” larger than the quilt top. (Pieced, pressed and squared)
- Backing must be pressed. I will piece and iron your backing for an additional charge depending on size of quilt (minimum $20.00)
- Press quilt top (if quilt needs pressing, there will be a $10-$20 charge)
- Remove all loose threads and please check your seams
- Quilt top should be flat and squared. If it’s not flat and/or you have wavy borders, you may end up with puckers.
- Do not pin, baste or mark quilt top
- Quilting generally takes 4-8 weeks. Quilts are completed on a first come first serve basis. I will try to accommodate rush orders. Rush orders will have an additional $20 charge if time allows
- Payment is due when quilt is completed.